The natural areas, community garden, and the campus landscapes are open to the public daily from sunrise to sunset. The Arboretum staff is able to give guided tours during office hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM. Feel free to take a self guided tour any time during these hours. You do not need to fill out an application for a self guided tour.
TOURS FOR CHILDREN:
Outdoor, authentic learning experiences are a wonderful way to get kids excited about science and the environment. Tours are flexible and cater to specific age groups and teacher suggestions.
- Tours are guided for a small fee of $5.00 per person per tour
- Tours can be scheduled for any duration of time, but are typically 1-3 hours depending on the age and size of the group
- When scheduling a tour, please keep in mind the outdoor weather. In the summer (and most months in Florida) you should wear light-colored clothes, a hat and close-toe shoes. You should also bring sunscreen and a reusable water container
- Most tours explore the fire loop, where there will be at least 3 different ecosystems compared (depending on age of participants), including Pine Flatwoods, Cypress Dome, and Oak Hammock
- There are picnic areas around our campus to eat; after or before the tour
The UCF Arboretum can also provide educational programs for extra-curricular groups for example, scouting badge educational requirements. Sunshine State Standards can be included in educational programs if requested.
Tours are guided for a fee of $5.00 per person per tour. Please allow up to two weeks for processing. Fees may be associated with certain tour types; please contact us for details. Though we are actively working on accommodating all participants, please note that we are not currently wheelchair accessible.