The guidelines below will help us support your needs:
- Shifts are a minimum of 2 hours
- Groups must be at least 5 or more
- Group volunteering is generally only available M-F, starting at 8am and ending at 3pm.
- Please consult with your group members BEFORE you submit the request.
- A group volunteer application must be submitted at least 3 weeks in advance. The earlier you put in your request, the better your chances are for approval!
- 1 week prior to the shift the group representative must email a list of the members attending the group volunteer, including their name and email address, to our coordinator Kelsie Johnson. This is so we can send an RSVP link to each group member that will reserve them a spot for the shift
All volunteers are required to complete a Volunteer Services Agreement before they can start to volunteer. To facilitate the process, we encourage every member of the group to complete the volunteer waiver online by visiting our volunteer service agreement.
- If there is no variation in the number of people or desired start time, but you would like to request multiple dates to volunteer, you only need to submit one form (i.e. use multiple dates on the “dates of volunteering” question on the form).
- Groups requesting multiple volunteer dates, but proceed to cancel will be subjected to losing all approved dates, so be sure you have communicated with your group.
- Once we have received your application please allow at least one week for the approval or decline of your request; the application is only approved once you have received an email confirmation.
- Upon approval, the person submitting the form will need to meet with an Arboretum staff member to pick up waivers and confirm involvement.
- All participants must wear closed toe shoes and bring a reusable water bottle the day of the event.
Official Community Service forms signed by our staff are available to those that have completed at least 2 hours. We look forward to having your group volunteer!