For internships at the Arboretum, visit our page on Knight Connect! Available applications will be under “Forms” on the Arboretum page. Note, you must be logged into Knight Connect to view the available intern applications.Knight Connect
Fleet Farming Internships
- Administrative Assistant & Event Planner
- Blog Writing and Research
- Social Media
- Grant Writing
Applicants must be able to:
- Work a minimum of 8 hrs a week
- Attend the internship in-person (In Orlando, Florida)
- Professionally communicate absences, questions, comments, or concerns
For more information please visit the below link:
Fleet Farming Internships
Oxbow Eco-Center Administrative Assistant
- Pay rate: $15 hourly
- Port St. Lucie
- Through 9/30/2020
The Oxbow Eco-Center Administrative Assistant is a full-time temporary position that supports staff and the daily operations of a nature center. Primary duties include:providing customer service, maintaining databases, processing invoices, tracking
budgets, creating and pulling reports, writing memo’s, assisting in promotional materials and communications with media department, and creating processes that lead to efficiencies.The individual must be a self-starter and possess strong
interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
· Ability to interact in a positive, professional manner with various populations and age groups.
· Ability to manage, plan, organize, and implement assigned tasks independently and meet deadlines,
· Excellent customer service skills,
· Excellent written and oral communication skills,
· Working knowledge of office procedures and generally acceptable accounting practices,
· Knowledge or ability to gain knowledge of point of sale system,
· Internet literacy and high proficiency with MS Office 2000, including Word, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook,
· Ability to present budgetary and financial information in an organized and understandable manner,
· Ability to maintain a file retrieval system in electronic format,
· Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed.
For more information please check
Oxbow Eco-Center PDF
OPS Park Ranger
- Lake Wales Ridge State Forest
- Full-Time Position
- Pay: $11.37 hourly
This position will be working closely with one to two other OPS employees to manage invasive species that alter natural communities by displacing native species on the state forest. Approximately 90% of this position’s time will be spent in the
field, surveying for invasive species in new locations, monitoring invasive contractors for funded invasive projects, logging areas on a GPS, treating invasive species in the field, and maintaining previously treated infested areas. The remaining 10
% of time is spent mapping the locations on the computer in ArcGis, data entry and equipment maintenance. A small portion of time will also be spent helping with state forest projects such as collecting data for threatened and endangered
plant/animals species, campground campsites/day uses areas maintenance, camping reservations, restoration projects, and occasionally helping with prescribed burning on the state forest.
- Some knowledge of Excel, Word, ArcGIS would be preferred.
- This would be an OPS full-time position.
- Would need to be able to work 10 hours a day for four days a week (Monday through Thursday).
For more information please check:
LWRSF OPS PARK RANGER POSITION OPPORTUNITY
City of Orlando
The city of Orlando is advertising 3 great opportunities for students to gain experience in Park Management and Urban Forestry. These paid positions can also be used for class credit through internship hours. If you are interested in these
opportunities, please click on the job descriptions below for further information. If you are selected, and would like to explore the possibility of using your position as a paid internship, those credits would be run through the UCF Arboretum.
Contact information for the jobs and potential internship opportunity is included in the postings.