TOURS FOR CHILDREN:
Outdoor, authentic learning experiences are a wonderful way to get kids excited about science and the environment. Tours are flexible and cater to specific age groups and teacher suggestions.
• Tours can be scheduled for any duration of time, but are typically 1-3 hours depending on the age and size of the group
• Most tours are guided for a small fee, usually $3.00 per person per hour
• When scheduling a tour, please keep in mind the outdoor weather. In the summer (and most months in Florida) you should wear light-colored clothes, a hat and close-toe shoes. You should also bring sunscreen and a reusable water container.
• Most tours explore the fire loop, where there will be at least 3 different ecosystems compared (depending on age of participants), including Pine Flatwoods, Cypress Dome, and Oak Hammock.
• There are picnic pavilion areas around campus to eat after or before the tour.
The UCF Arboretum can also provide educational programs for other extra-curricular groups, including scouting badge educational requirements. Sunshine State Standards can be included in educational programs if requested. There are also opportunities for eagle-scout projects.
To REQUEST A TOUR, please fill out the tour application below.
Did you visit us for a tour? Take our tour survey: